Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chelsea wrap-up and Godolphin set for Nottingham

Chelsea should book their ticket for the next round tomorrow against Spartak Moscow. The Russians are not particularly adept travellers, and Chelsea should prove too much for them at home. Malouda won't be here, but they have plenty of cover, and I can't see them lose at home. A draw-no-bet on Chelsea seems a guarantee.

In racing, we go to Nottingham. I find this place to be a real mine-field, but this time, I believe the Godolphin pair of Sahara Kingdom and Caymans look way too good for the opposition at hand in the 2:20pm race. Caymans is the choice of Ted Durcan and has been away for nearly 2 years. Usually Godolphin horses do very well after a long lay-off though. Sahara Kingdom is trying turf for the first time, and it's not 100% certain he will like the soft ground. But he's a class above the others (bar Caymans). I will recommend Sahara Kingdom as a Place bet. I'll leave Caymans since I don't want to speculate on his form after such a long period of inactivity.

Draw-no-bet: Chelsea
Place: Sahara Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment