Friday, April 22, 2011

Week-end preview

My selections for the week-end.

In the Premier League, Man Utd will be keen to get maximum points in their remaining home games. They host Everton against which they have an excellent home record in recent years. The Toffees are a very good team and if the hosts are sloppy, they could be in for a surprise. However, I think they will be well aware of the high stakes and unless there is a bad luck hanging over the team (like against Man City where they deserved at least a draw in the FA Cup semi-final), they should prevail. I cannot see them getting beaten so I recommend them as draw-no-bet. Same for pursuers Chelsea who seem to have hit some consistent form and should overcome West Ham at Stamford Bridge. The Hammers are quite mediocre on the road, and should not be of much opposition to Malouda and co. I also like Liverpool's chances at home against Birmingham. Kenny Dalglish is doing fine things for his beloved club and I must admit I was not expecting the success that he's getting. They should be too much for Birmingham at Anfield as the visitors are lacking firepower in the striking department with the injuries to Zigic and possibly Martins as well. Liverpool as draw-no-bet looks safe.

In La Liga, Barcelona will try to put its midweek despair to rest by beating Osasuna at home. I cannot see them getting defeated at the Nou Camp but I am not sure what kind of team will be fielded by Guardiola, particularly in light of the upcoming Champions League games against Madrid. I recommend Barcelona as draw-no-bet. I like Athletico Madrid's chances at home against Levante. Aguero and his teammates have posted solid games recently and are on a good consistent run. I see them overcoming Levante and are recommended as Win.

In the Bundesliga, Bayern Munich have found a new lease of life under new coach Jonker. Even without suspended Robben, I can't see them losing on their visit to lowly Frankfurt. Bayern as draw-no-bet is recommended.

In the Dutch league, I like Ajax as it hosts Excelsior. A straightforward win on the hosts is recommended.

Finally, in racing, Dick Turpin makes his seasonal debut in the Bet365 Mile at Sandown. The Hannon stable has won the race in the past 4 years, and I expect it to win again tomorrow. Dick Turpin looks in great form according to the trainer and is a class above the rest of this field.. He should be in the first 2 and is recommended as a Place.

Win: Ajax, Athletico Madrid
Draw-no-bet: Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Bayern Munich
Place: Dick Turpin

No comments:

Post a Comment