Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Racing Preview.

A Man Utd "B" team crushed Schalke yesterday for a winning recommendation. What a mouth-watering Wembley final that looks like it will be. A few months ago, I was saying that there wouldn't be any English team in the Champions League final as the leading teams seemed to be on a re-building process. How wrong was I! I still think they are a notch down from their dominating selves a few years back, but Man Utd has proved good enough to reach the final. They have over-achieved, they have displayed impressive cohesion as a unit, and by no means do they go beaten in advance against Barcelona. I will get to the final when the time comes, but it promises to be a genuine attacking display, contrary to the Clasico encounters.

On Thursday, I see a few value bets in racing. At Ascot, I like Elnawin in the last race. He will relish the distance and fast conditions, and the opposition seems average. So he's a Place recommendation.

At Hamilton, I like two of Michael Bell's horses running. In the 19:05 Handicap, Fine Style who won 11 days ago, seems ahead of the handicapper. He's got a great chance for a repeat win among this exposed lot, and should be in the first 3. I recommend him as a Win. In the 20:15 Maiden Stakes, Royal Liaison takes a lot of appeal among an average bunch. She would prefer some rain, so she's recommended as a Place. Go Mick Fenton and Michael Bell!


Win: Fine Style.
Place: Elnawin, Royal Liaison.

No comments:

Post a Comment