Wednesday, February 12, 2014

EPL Week 26 (Wednesday)

Sorry, missed yesterday's matches due to a technical problem. But I had Chelsea winning, so nothing was missed there. Here are my selections for the matches starting in a couple of hours time.

Arsenal v/s Man Utd. Two teams having had a horrendous last week-end. I mentioned Arsenal were exposed against Liverpool and it showed clearly that they are in need of a breather. I will continue thinking that their second half of the season cannot be as good as the first. Man Utd were equally bad against Fulham. A Fergie team would have put at least 5 past the Cottagers. This is a team that is lacking in confidence, let alone luck. I don't think they will make the first 4. If they don't turnaround quick, they might not even make the first 6. The second half of the season however cannot be worse than the first half. I cannot see the Red Devils winning this game. Arsenal are a draw-no-bet selection.

Everton v/s Crystal Palace. If ever there is going to be a shocker this gameweek, I think that it will be in this one. However unlikely to most pundits, I think the Eagles can get something out of this match. If I were a risky long punter, the current odds of a Palace win would be very tempting. Even the draw-no-bet odds on the exchanges look appealing. I have a suspicion that Everton are lacking tempo at the moment and will go for the jugular and have CP as a long-shot Win selection.

Man City v/s Sunderland. Home win even without Aguero after the missteps of the past 2 weeks for the Citizens.

Fulham v/s Liverpool. The visitors are the form team of the moment and it would be tough to go against them. They are a Win selection against a team that I believe is going down.


Win: Crystal Palace, Man City, Liverpool
Draw-no-bet: Arsenal


No comments:

Post a Comment