Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend catchup...

Chelsea, Barcelona and Madrid all won during the week-end, so this put the tally to 14 good bets out of 16 since the start. Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are on a tear right now, so the 2 Spanish sides are to be watched very closely. I watched Chelsea's game and as expected it was not a walk in the park, but they had too much class for Wolves. Things seem to be rolling for Chelsea these days, but I am not entirely conviced they are a better team than last year. I certainly think Ancelotti has a better understanding of the English game, and they will get more points than last year. I find them edgy on their road travels, and am already thinking about them losing points at Blackburn next week. Anyway, I'll analyze this match in due time.

On Monday, I don't have any sure racing tips. I think Top Care will be in the first 3 in the first race at Southwell, and Peligroso will win the 3 o'clock race at Leicester, but I don't fancy them that much to recommend them. Top Care is the highest-rated among this weak lot, and being by Bernstein should relish the synthetic surface. However, he's only raced at 6 furlongs and is now jumping at a mile, so that's a big ask and seems vulnerable to any improver that will relish the surface on first try. Peligroso should win this 4-runner race on form. However, the heavy surface at Leicester is not optimum for him, and there is a small chance he might not relish the conditions. So I'll abstain from recommending both as sure bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment