Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coppa Italia and Meydan

Inter confirmed predictions by winning against Cesena. It was actually a more difficult win than expected, and Cesena did have their chances to tie up the game. The visitors were dangerous on some occasions while playing with 10 men! I suppose this Inter team is still finding its feet with Leonardo.

Remaining in Italian football on Thursday, Milan host Bari in the Coppa Italia. It's really first against last place teams in Serie A and I will be tremendously surprised if Bari can win this encounter. Milan will field a strong team, and Bari will be more preoccupied with Saturday's league game to stave off relegation. I cannot see Milan losing this game in 90 minutes, so I recommend them as draw-no-bet.

Back to racing in Meydan and another really competitive race card on the agenda. In the 17:45 race, I like River Jetez, who's under the de Kock care for the festival. The full sister to Pocket Power seems to be training really well according to her trainer, so I can see her finishing in the first 3 in a field that seems not up to par with her abilities. Depending her form and fitness, she could very well win this, but I'll recommend the safe Place option on her.

In the last race, it will be interesting to see the return of Simon de Montfort. I think at his best, this colt has a ton of ability with a superb turn of foot. No recommendations on him, it will mainly for my knowledge base to see whether he's still the classy horse that gave out a lot of promise during the early part of the last season in France. There are some very good sorts in that race as well, in Peligroso and Zeitoper for what makes a very competitive handicap indeed.

Draw-no-bet: Milan
Place: River Jetez

No comments:

Post a Comment