Friday, June 3, 2011

All about France

If only Novak.... 5 good recommendations out of 6, with only Novak Djokovic losing to Roger Federer. The Serb had his chances to tie it at 2-2, but just could not take his chances. To be fair, Federer had a lot of break chances as well, and the match was decided on a few points. Nadal dismissed Murray in 3 easy sets, Antara won and Wonder of Wonders, Midday and Tortoni were all placed.

As for the French Open final on Sunday, I still cannot see Federer beating Nadal. The Swiss can still have a few tennis Majors in him before he retires, but beating Nadal on clay is a tough ask. I recommend Nadal to be crowned French Open champion for the sixth time on Sunday.

The Derby gets run tomorrow and Carlton House will finally be able to take part having overcome his setback earlier this week. There is obviously a strong popular support for the Queen's horse to win. I don't think he will however. In my opinion, his best distance is at 10 furlongs, and I believe he will lack the stamina to get the full 12 furlongs of Epsom. I mentioned it before and I maintain my pick for the race; Pour Moi, the French raider from the Andre Fabre stable. He's by the sire that produces the best 12 furlong horses in the world in Montjeu, and the French champion trainer seems to have him in top condition for the race. I think he will definitely be in the first 3 and I recommend him as a safe Place. I give him a strong win chance as well for those that fancy an outright win punt.

Recital, another Montjeu colt, could be his main challenger. The distance will suit and he looks to be ridden by Kieran Fallon if the absurdity of Native Khan's connections are thrown out in court. This is quite an unbelievable story going on off the race-tracks, with Native's Khan's owners trying to stop Fallon from riding Recital. No matter what kind of verbal promises could have been made and broken previously in the rundown to this race, this reach to the courts is unsporting and should not be condoned in racing.


Win: Nadal
Place: Pour Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment