Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thursday preview

England beat Wales, as expected and should go ahead and book its ticket to the Euro Finals by snatching at least a point in Montenegro in their next game. I thought Capello's men were in control of the game although they could have lost 2 points had Earnshaw not missed that open net opportunity.Definitely one of the misses of all time, although I've seen a few worse.

I have a few value picks from Thursday's racing cards. In the Wolverhampton 18:10 maiden race, I like Fa'iz from the Godolphin stable. The latter seems to be on a good current vein of form particularly with its juveniles. On form, there does not seem to be any major contender for Fa'iz and I strongly fancy the Dansili colt to be in the first 3. With some course luck, it should win it as well. I recommend it as each-way.

In the 14:35 race at Chepstow, I like another 2-year old from the Godolphin crew in Special Boy. This Invincible Spirit colt has shown nothing in his first 2 outings but is coming back from a 90-day layoff. Provided the trainer has sorted out any wrong with this expensive yearling, he should be playing a major role among this average field. His main opponent looks to be Lady Percy, a Sir Percy filly who had a good debut when coming home 4th around 3 weeks ago at Salisbury. I recommend Special Boy as an each-way and Lady Percy as a Place.

Each-way: Fa'iz, Special Boy
Place: Lady Percy

No comments:

Post a Comment