Friday, September 16, 2011

Week-end football

Wakhan finished second for a winning recommendation.

I have quite a few selections for this week-end's football. In the EPL, I like Arsenal's chances as they travel to Blackburn. The Gunners are certainly a re-building team but they still have lots of quality. Rovers are one of my early picks for the drop and I cannot disagree with fans that are staging protests against their current manager. I see Arsenal taking at least a point from this travel, so I recommend them as draw-no-bet.

The best value bet of the week-end looks to be Aston Villa as they host Newcastle. I think Newcastle's excellent defensive record does not actually mirror its frailties at the back. Just looking at their last away game at QPR where they were nearly run out of the pitch and were lucky to come away with a goal-less draw. I can see Villa scoring at least one or two goals in this game. I recommend Villa as a draw-no-bet.

Bolton hosts Norwich and it's a great opportunity for the hosts to get the 3 points. Norwich is another that looks a good early candidate for the drop. Bolton as draw-no-bet is the recommendation.

In the Serie A, I like Inter Milan's chances at home to Roma. The Romans are clearly a team out of sorts and will be good fodder for Sneijder and co. The hosts are in bad need of victory after losses on opening week and in the Champions League. I recommend Inter as a draw-no-bet as well.

In Spain, it's the same boring (but rewarding) story. Barcelona will resume winning ways at home to Osasuna and are selected as Win. Real Madrid face an arguably tougher test going to Levante where they lost 2 points last season. I certainly don't see them losing this game and chances are that they will win it. Since they are coming back from a difficult away game in Zagreb, the safest option is a draw-no-bet on the Los Blancos.No surprise if they end up winning this game in the last minutes.

Win: Barcelona
Draw-no-bet: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bolton, Inter, Real Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment