Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Countdown

Not a week to crow about in terms of horse racing and football as we await the return of Frankel in the QE II Stakes and the Montenegro-England match for the European qualifiers on Friday.

Today got the news that Excelebration looks to take on Frankel again after being beaten twice by the superstar miler. In fact, these were his only 2 defeats this year. To me, the colt from the Botti stable is one of the 4 best milers in the world. He's very progressive and looks to be the main danger to Frankel, if ever there is one. I am not a fan of ante-post by any measure, but ante-post lovers must surely be having a strong Place consideration on Excelebration. He looks to be in the first 3, but won't beat Frankel.

I'm just hoping for a case of "no news, good news" from the England camp; i.e, they don't suffer any injury setback in the coming days for their match against Montenegro. If they go there injury-free, I have every reason to think that they will book their ticket to the finals by either winning or drawing. That's the way I'm aiming my big punt, so, just hoping for uneventful developments on that side.

No comments:

Post a Comment