Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Deep Impact runs

Anytime I hear or see a reference to Deep Impact, the Japanese wonder horse, I take note. No matter how rare that is. Obviously it's been a few years since he left the tracks but his sons and daughters are making themselves heard in the Land of the Rising Sun (and hopefully around the world soon). Tomorrow, one of his few progenies to train in the UK, makes her debut in the first race at Lingfield. Monster Munchie is trained by promising trainer W. Knight and owned by Andrew Black. I wish I could get some glimpse of Black's opinions regarding the filly on his blog, but it seems he's been off to Mount Kilimanjaro! The filly is regally-bred being out of a Group 1 winner in Muncie, so in my opinion, she would not need to be at her best to be among the first 3. The distance will suit her best, and I can see her charging towards home (a little bit like her dad) as the rest of the field starts to falter. There are some decent types running in that race, so I can't recommend her outright on her first run. If her odds for Place are better than evens (which they seem to be currently), then it might make sense to have a hopeful punt at her. It's definitely not a guaranteed punt or a recommendation; the only guarantee here is that I'll have a watchful eye on her performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment