Friday, October 14, 2011

All about Frankel

Wadha was a disappointing third but Final Delivery was a good-placed second. 

A terrific week-end of horse racing and football coming up.

It's Champions Day at Ascot where all eyes will be on Frankel, the greatest thoroughbred in the eyes of many. All reports seem to indicate that he's on top of his game, thus he should win. I think he will win. A big win recommendation. The one that can come close is Excelebration, which should be a good Place punt for those that fancy looking at the rest of the field besides the Henry Cecil colt.

I've always favoured So You Think in each of his European outings. I think he will get turned over tomorrow because the race comes too soon for him after the Arc. If this race were one week later, I would give him a great chance, but as is, I think he'll run a good race but won't win against seasoned and well-rested horses. Just my opinion. I wished he bypassed this race and went straight to the BC Classic. It looks the connections want to go for both, and I feel it's a case where they won't get the best of the horse in either race. Time and results will tell if I am right or not.

I like Opinion Poll in the Long Distance Cup. This Godolphin colt always gives his best and has a great partnership with Dettori. He is recommended as a Place.

In football, it's the big clash between Liverpool and Man Utd. The rivalry has somewhat faded in recent years because of the demise of the Reds, but it is bound to be a well-contested match. Liverpool have the home advantage but this can really go either way. Man City is recommended as a draw-no-bet as I cannot see them losing to visiting Aston Villa. I think QPR is the best draw-no-bet of the week-end as it hosts Blackburn. Neil Warnock's men are tough to overcome at home and should give Blackburn all they can handle. Arsenal is another good draw-no-bet as it hosts struggling Sunderland.

In Spain, Real Madrid and Barcelona should win their home matches against Betis and Santander respectively. Real Betis started with a bang but have lost their last 2 matches. It is more a case of back to the earth for them. Real Madrid and Barcelona are recommended as straight home wins.


Win: Frankel, Barcelona, Real Madrid
Place: Opinion Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment