Tuesday, March 25, 2014

EPL mid-week matches

I believe tonight's Manchester Derby will have massive repercussions on the destiny of this year's EPL championship. If City win tonight, I think they'll go win the League. If they don't, they will still be favourites to land it all, but it would put Chelsea in an ideal position to pounce. Some thoughts on the mid-week matches.

Arsenal v/s Swansea. For the past few weeks, I've been interested to see if Swansea are relegation material. They are on a downward momentum and if results don't improve in the coming weeks, I see them as being a value and prime target for the drop. For long punters, this is definitely an angle to look at. Arsenal are coming off their catastrophic and predictable loss at Stamford Bridge and will be keen to redress the situation asap. As I see it, I think they have too many major injuries to contend with and will have to scrape though their matches, particularly against top teams. With Swansea being in a downward spiral, this is a match that Wenger will look for full points. I see Arsenal squeeze by the minimum of margins and have them as a Win.

Man Utd v/s Man City. Although City put 5 past Fulham over the week-end, most of the goals came from set-pieces and towards the end of the match. I cannot say that City are fully flowing at the moment, particularly with Aguero not playing. Man Utd have had encouraging results of late, but obviously it's impossible to have any kind of strong confidence in them given their stop-go season. I think this will in all likelihood, end up in a draw, or if there is to be a winner, it possibly will be on the visitors side. Man City is a draw-no-bet selection.

Newcastle v/s Everton. Both teams needed last-minute goals to notch wins over the week-end. I anticipate a close match between the two, and again here the draw looks the likelier result.

West Ham v/s Hull. I think Allardyce have West Ham safe for this season and they have arguments for a Top 10 finish. Fans should be pleased of that as a couple of months ago, they looked near-certain for the drop. Hull still have work to do on that front but their home form seem to keep them afloat. I see the Hammers as a reasonably good draw-no-bet selection.

Liverpool v/s Sunderland. If the Kops are to keep their title challenge, this is a must 3 points. I think their attack will do the business again and they are a Win selection.


Win: Arsenal, Liverpool
Draw-no-bet: West Ham, Man City


No comments:

Post a Comment