Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Barcelona Wow Factor and Tuesday Carling Cup

I don't think I need to add more to what the press have been saying following Barca's demolition of Madrid. Whenever I see this Barcelona's side playing, the words of Man Utd's coach SAF a few years back, always come to my mind "If you let that Barcelona midfield play, they will make you dizzy!". So true! Their passing game is one-touch (or half-touch, as Xavi puts it), yet it is so intricate and elaborate (infuriatingly so at times). And Xavi (I call him the man with short passes), is mainly at the middle of it all. Their pressing and recuperation of the ball is as good as any other team, which is very rare for a team that loves to keep the ball. Simply amazing!

Far from the panache of the Nou Camp, it's back to the rigors of the Carling Cup. Although Arsenal look certain to field a young team against Wigan, they should still have enough experience to go through. Wigan will be without Rodallega who I consider their main player, and one that could have caused problems for Wenger's team. At home, Arsenal should edge this; I'll recommend a draw-no-bet on them against the unpredictable Latics, who are as capable of the good and the bad.

Draw-no-bet: Arsenal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've started a greyhound blog, fancy swapping links?
    http://1stchoicedogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure mate, you're in. good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete