Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Europa League preview

Barcelona easily won but I don't think anyone would have thought otherwise. The Catalan offence is really in good form, and Messi is just unplayable at the moment.

On Thursday, I have my eyes set on the Group A matches of the Europa League. Tottenham host Shamrock Rovers and I cannot see Spurs losing that one even if they are expected to field a second-tier team. The hosts have admitted to being focused on the week-end match against arch-enemies Arsenal but their reserve team should have too much class for the Irish champions. Tottenham to win it is my recommendation.

In the same group, I like Rubin Kazan's chances as it hosts the Greek team Saloniki. The Russians are a strong team and have gathered considerable experience in Europe in the past few years. I expect them to win or draw this match, so I recommend them as a good draw-no-bet.

Win: Tottenham
Draw-no-bet: Rubin Kazan

No comments:

Post a Comment