Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Academy flops...but here come the Deep Impacts!

What a let-down with Academy. With all the lauding from the connections, this was supposed to be a formality for the Highclere colt. I couldn't see comments from the Stoute camp to explain the poor show. Nottingham can be a minefield for developing horses, and I wonder if that was the case of it not handling the track. I don't think it was the soft ground as it ran on soft on its first run.

Tomorrow I see Sunday Bess is running at Lingfield. Daughter of Deep Impact, the Japanese superstar. According to Andrew Black, her owner, she "goes extremely well on the gallops." If that's the case, she could win on her debut among this really average lot. I can't recommend her based solely on the owner's remarks though, but if you see the market moving for it, then it might be an indication that connections are serious about the horse. I am keen to follow how the Deep Impacts do.

I like Scented in the 7:20pm race at Wolves. Richard Hughes who's making a late charge for the jockey's championship takes the ride. I think this horse has a good chance to be in the frame among this weak opposition. Since it has yet to win, I can't do a sure recommendation on it, but I can see it being at least placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment